Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting by Bunmi Laditan

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting
Author: Bunmi Laditan
Genre: Humor, Parenting
Length: 256 pages
Published: 2013
Publisher: Scribner
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) Bracingly candid, sweetly indignant, and writing with an unchecked sense of entitlement, the Internet’s wildly popular Honest Toddler delivers a guide to the parenting techniques he deems acceptable (keep the cake coming and the apple juice undiluted).

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

The Honest Toddler is a blog where all sorts of topics are raised from a toddler's point of view. Finally, many of the Honest Toddler's stories are available in print. I was lucky enough to win a copy through a Goodreads Giveaway, and I've finally gotten around to reading it.

I could not stop laughing. As the parent of a toddler, this "guide" to parenting from the view of a toddler could not resonate more truly with me. This book is perfect for the parent of a toddler, soon to be toddler, or even a child out of toddlerhood. You have to have a good sense of humor to deal with a toddler to begin with, and this just pulls from those experiences and allows you to look back on what your own toddler has done in the past. 


I recommend this for anyone who is a parent, is thinking of being a parent or is about to become a parent. So basically everyone. Now I'd better go, it's time to pay homage to my own toddler and give him whatever he needs to stop that annoying loud response of his: probably a hug or ice cream. 

You can purchase The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting through Amazon in either hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment