Saturday, July 20, 2013

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Add to Goodreads
Title: Coraline
Author: Neil Gaiman
Genre: Young Adult, Horror, Fantasy
Length: 195 pages
Published: 2006 (original publication date: 2002)
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Brief Synopsis: Coraline discovers a door in her house that is bricked up. The next time she opens the door, it's no longer bricked up. She follows the path and finds...her home, only better. However her other mother and other father have buttons for eyes and they want her to stay with them. She escapes, only to find that her real parents have been taken from her. She sets out to save them and herself from her other mother.

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

This was a really fast read, which is great. I love to intermingle super fast reads and ones that take longer, as it makes the plodding through the slower/longer reads much easier to tolerate. 

This was the harrowing tale of plucky, young Coraline who loves to explore. Her explorations nearly cost her the lives of her parents, her freedom, and her own life. Through her own brand of cunning, she manages to save everyone, including herself from the horror on the other side of the door. 

If you enjoy a really good middle-grade to young adult scary story, then pick up Coraline.

Neil Gaiman is truly a master, and I really enjoyed this delightful tale. You'll be seeing quite a few more reviews on his books in the upcoming weeks, as I have a stack of them waiting for me.

You can purchase Coraline through Amazon in either hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read Coraline? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment