Friday, July 12, 2013

Anne Frank, Beyond the Diary: A Photographic Remembrance

Add to Goodreads
Title: Anne Frank, Beyond the Diary: A Photographic Remembrance
Author: Ruud van der Rol, Rian Verhoeven
Genre: Non-Fiction, Biography
Length: 113 pages
Published: 1995
Publisher: Turtleback Books
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) Photographs, illustrations, and maps accompany historical essays, diary excerpts, and interviews, providing an insight to Anne Frank and the massive upheaval which tore apart her world.

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

I haven't read The Diary of Anne Frank since I was a little girl, but it was something that has always haunted me. The Holocaust was a horrific time in world history and my heart has always gone out to those who lost their lives or their loved ones. So when I found this juvenile non-fiction book about Anne Frank and her family, I knew I needed to pick it up and read it. It didn't take long and it's not too graphic in regards to the atrocities that happened in the concentration camps. It's the perfect read for a child between the ages of 8 and 12 who is reading The Diary of Anne Frank or learning about WWII in school.

There are a lot of pictures of Anne and her family, as well as accompanying text to outline their lives. There are maps showing the concentration camps and where the Frank family lived before the war. It was really fascinating to learn a little bit more about the Frank family, as well as what some of the Jewish people in Europe had to deal with during this horrible time.


You can purchase Anne Frank, Beyond the Diary: A Photographic Remembrance through Amazon in hard copy format. 

Have you read Anne Frank, Beyond the Diary: A Photographic Remembrance? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment