Friday, April 4, 2014

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood
Author: Howard Pyle
Genre: Classic Literature
Length: 344 pages
Published: 1883 (original) 2004 (version I read)
Publisher: Sterling
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) He stole from the rich and gave to the poor, and in so doing became an undying symbol of virtue. But most important, Robin Hood and his band of Merry Men offer young readers more than enough adventure and thrills to keep them turning the pages. Who could resist the arrows flying, danger lurking, and medieval intrigue?

My Review:
I give this book a 4 out of 5. 

The reason this gets a four and not a five is that I found my attention wandering through some parts of the book. I really did enjoy these tales of Robin Hood and his Merry Men, but some of the dialogue (though accurate for the time depicted) was hard to get through and some of the quarterstaff fight scenes bored me. It's definitely worth a read, though, and I recommend it for anyone that has ever had any interest in Robin Hood.

You can purchase The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood through Amazon in hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment