Thursday, April 17, 2014

Deadlocked by A.R. Wise

Add to Goodreads
Title: Deadlocked
Author: A.R. Wise
Series: Deadlocked (Book #1; Series #1)
Genre: Horror
Length: 61 pages
Published: 2011
Publisher: A.R. Wise
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) David was caught in the middle of the city when the zombie outbreak started. His wife and daughters were at home, stranded on the roof as zombies waited below. He would have to fight through hordes of undead, merciless other survivors, and a series of death defying stunts to get home. However, even if he makes it there, how can he be sure they're safe?

Deadlocked puts you into David's head as he struggles to get home. Then a final confrontation occurs that will guarantee his family's survival, but at what cost?

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

Wow. Right from the start I was caught. I was trapped reading this novella and watching as David spends his time trying to flee the zombies (which he doesn't even realize are zombies until someone points it out to him later on) and return to his family. The author did a good job conveying the horror without being overly graphic. The ending is a shocker. The author did something that most authors steer away from. And I approve, wholeheartedly with his decision. I've got the second book in this series lined up ready to go and I can't wait. Lovers of all things zombie will love Deadlocked

You can purchase Deadlocked through Amazon in Kindle format. 

Have you read Deadlocked? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment