Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Story of Doctor Dolittle (Book #1) by Hugh Lofting

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Story of Doctor Dolittle 
Author: Hugh Lofting
Series: Doctor Dolittle (Book #1)
Genre: Children's Literature
Length: 172 pages
Published: 1920 (original), 2005 (version I read)
Publisher: Harper Collins (version I read)
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) Doctor John Dolittle loves animals. He loves them so much that his home and office overflow with animals of every description. When Polynesia the parrot teaches him the language of the animals, Doctor Dolittle becomes a world-famous doctor, traveling even as far away as Africa to help his friends.
My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

This was a nice, short, fun way to get back to my childhood. I don't remember ever reading the Doctor Dolittle series as a child, but I know I always knew the general gist of the series. It was great to be able to read something so short (I literally read it in less than two hours) after reading much longer, much heavier books. Definitely recommend for any children in your life, as well as even for yourself. 

You can purchase The Story of Doctor Dolittle through Amazon in hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read The Story of Doctor Dolittle? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment