Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Monthly Update - January 2014

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone has had a great holiday season and that next year brings a lot of good fortune to all!

I'm so proud that I managed to finish Anna Karenina by the end of the year. That was my major goal and with some serious buckling down I managed to do it! 

I finally broke down and bought the final Wheel of Time book (so horribly sad that it's over, I think that's why I've put off picking it up for so long), so I'm planning to re-read the entire series, starting with New Spring, the prequel that Robert Jordan had published. I'm going to review them all for you as I finish them. It's going to be a challenge for me to be unbiased, as I've read many of these books several times and I love the series so much. I'm going to try to approach the series from the point of view of someone who has never read it and try to ignore that I know everything that happens up until the last book. 

I am planning to take my time with them and read some other stuff during the re-reads. 

Currently Reading: 
  • New Spring: The Novel (WoT Prequel) by Robert Jordan
  • y1 by Sherrie Cronin
Coming Up:
  • z2 by Sherrie Cronin
  • The Eye of the World (WoT #1) by Robert Jordan 
  • The Great Hunt (WoT #2) by Robert Jordan
  • The Dragon Reborn (WoT #3) by Robert Jordan
  • The Shadow Rising (WoT #4) by Robert Jordan
  • The Fires of Heaven (WoT #5) by Robert Jordan
  • Lord of Chaos (WoT #6) by Robert Jordan
  • A Crown of Swords (WoT #7) by Robert Jordan
  • The Path of Daggers (WoT #8) by Robert Jordan
  • Winter's Heart (WoT #9) by Robert Jordan
  • Crossroads of Twilight (WoT #10) by Robert Jordan
  • Knife of Dreams (WoT #11) by Robert Jordan
  • The Gathering Storm (WoT #12) by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson
  • Towers of Midnight (WoT #13) by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson
  • A Memory of Light (WoT #14) by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson
  • The Story of Doctor Dolittle (Doctor Dolittle #1) by Hugh Lofting
  • The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle (Doctor Dolittle #2) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle's Post Office (Doctor Dolittle #3) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle's Circus (Doctor Dolittle #4) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle's Zoo (Doctor Dolittle #5) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle's Caravan (Doctor Dolittle #6) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle's Garden (Doctor Dolittle #7) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle in the Moon (Doctor Dolittle #8) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle's Return (Doctor Dolittle #9) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle and the Secret Lake (Doctor Dolittle #10) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle and the Green Canary (Doctor Dolittle #11) by Hugh Lofting
  • Doctor Dolittle's Puddleby Adventures (Doctor Dolittle #12) by Hugh Lofting

I definitely won't finish the Wheel of Time series by the end of January, but I should be able to squeeze in all of the Doctor Dolittle series, and hopefully most of y1 and z2 as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment