Friday, May 31, 2013

The Complete Knifepoint Horror by Soren Narnia

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Complete Knifepoint Horror
Author: Soren Narnia 
Genre: Horror
Length: 492 pages
Published: 2012
Publisher: Soren Narnia
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) Knifepoint Horror is an original genre which strips tales of supernatural suspense down to such a raw, minimalist form that literally nothing is left over to allow the mind a respite of even a single paragraph. To accomplish this, the most primal element of storytelling--a single human voice describing events exactly as it experienced them--is adhered to without embellishment or exception. Within these pages lie taut, unadorned first person narratives from agonized souls, minus all the stylish techniques which dilute, stretch, and burden tales of terror with unnecessary detail. Here you will find no entry into the thoughts of any characters other than the narrator's, no standard passages of dialogue, no humor, no extraneous gore, no romance. The twenty untitled stories inside this book spill forward without page or even paragraph breaks, taking the form of uninterrupted confessions, creating an effect of pure campfire terror. Knifepoint strips away all the tired conventions which water down traditional horror fiction, leaving nothing but the story's riveting spine to compel and chill you to the core.

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

This short story collection starts out by informing you that the stories are written with little capitalization, and few paragraph breaks. This is a stream-of-consciousness style of writing to help the reader focus solely on the story at hand. To be honest, I didn't think I was going to like these stories, just because of the writing style.

And I was wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. I never even noticed the lack of formatting as I read these utterly terrifying tales. 


I had to read them in short spurts, one or two stories in a sitting. Each one was terrifying in its own way. A couple of the stories were a little "meh", but I still enjoyed them. The final story was absolutely haunting and sent shivers down my spine.

I won this through a Goodreads giveaway.


You can purchase The Complete Knifepoint Horror through Amazon in either hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read The Complete Knifepoint Horror? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment