Friday, August 23, 2013

Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres

Add to Goodreads
Title: Seriously...I'm Kidding
Author: Ellen Degeneres
Genre: Humor and Satire
Length: 241 pages
Published: 2011
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) "Sometimes the greatest things are the most embarrassing." Ellen Degeneres' winning, upbeat candor has made her show one of the most popular, resilient and honored daytime shows on the air. (To date, it has won no fewer than 31 Emmys.) Seriously... I'm Kidding, Degeneres' first book in eight years, brings us up to date about the life of a kindhearted woman who bowed out of American Idol because she didn't want to be mean. Lively; hilarious; often sweetly poignant.

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

I remember watching the show Ellen when I was a teenager. I remember being both surprised and sad that her show was cancelled not long after she came out - both in real life and as a character in her show. I've always harbored a love for her humor, and this book did not disappoint. I have to admit I haven't really watched her talk show and I don't pay too much attention to celebrity news, so I didn't even realize that this was her third book! I definitely intend on reading the other two at some point.

This book was more than funny - it was hilarious. As I was reading, I could "hear" Ellen's voice. It reads like she talks, and that makes it all the better. I'm looking forward to grabbing her first two books!


You can purchase Seriously...I'm Kidding through Amazon in either hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read Seriously...I'm Kidding? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment