Thursday, August 1, 2013

Monthly Update - August 2013

WHEW! July just flew by. And I reviewed THIRTEEN books. Wow. Granted, a lot of those were Young Adult books which tend to be much quicker reads, but still. Thirteen books is a lot. I'm pretty proud of myself. 

On to the lists: 

Currently, I'm reading the following: 
  • Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - I actually made progress in this one this month!! I now have 13% completed! I'm hoping to squeeze some more time in this one soon!
  • Candy House by Kate Jonez - The author contacted me via Goodreads and offered me an e-copy of her book to review.
  • Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho by Stephen Rebello - I'm not very far into this. I've made it past the introduction but plan on tackling it again soon, after Candy House for sure.
  • Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Coming Up Next:
  • Glazed City Eyes by Preston M. Smith & Jacob McKinley (This is coming up as soon as Candy House is done, as the author contacted me to ask me to read and review it!)
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  • Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
  • Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut
  • The Secret Holocaust Diaries by Nonna Bannister
  • The Boleyn King by Laura Andersen
  • The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell
  • Cartwheel: A Novel by Jennifer Dubois
  • Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres
  • There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale by Sean Astin
  • J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography by Humphrey Carpenter
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs  
  • Dead Sea by Brian Keene 
If there's ever anything in particular you'd like me to read and review, either leave me a comment here or send me an email at theprintedwordbookreviews@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment