Saturday, August 24, 2013

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

Add to Goodreads
Title: Anansi Boys
Author: Neil Gaiman
Genre: Fantasy
Length: 336 pages
Published: 2006
Publisher: HarperTouch
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads)

Fat Charlie Nancy's normal life ended the moment his father dropped dead on a Florida karaoke stage. Charlie didn't know his dad was a god. And he never knew he had a brother.

Now brother Spider's on his doorstep -- about to make Fat Charlie's life more interesting... and a lot more dangerous.

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

My love for Neil Gaiman seriously grows with every book of his that I read. I read American Gods years ago, which is the first book featuring Anansi. Anansi Boys features the sons of Anansi and how they find each other. Spider mucks up Charlie's life, and the story just takes off from there.

As is usual in a Gaiman novel, the plot is anything but simple. You have a crooked boss, a mysterious brother, meddling old women, an awful soon-to-be mother-in-law, a fiance, a ghost, and a female detective. Oh, and did I mention? Charlie and his brother are the sons of the god Anansi. Except Charlie didn't inherit any of the god abilities. 


I really enjoyed this "sequel" to American Gods. I put sequel in quotes, because it is not a true sequel, merely one in the same world as American Gods, featuring one of the gods, Anansi, or more specifically his two sons. Definitely recommend it!

You can purchase Anansi Boys through Amazon in either hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read Anansi Boys? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment