Thursday, April 4, 2013

Welcome to The Printed Word!

Welcome, fellow book lovers! 

First, let me start off with telling you a little bit about myself. 

I'm a 30-something working mom of one very sassy little boy. I have loved reading since I was very young. It's rare to see me without a book (or these days, my Kindle) in my hands. I will read anything. I've always preferred the fantasy genre over others, but I love a good mystery, romance, or non-fiction book, as well. I love re-reading books that I read years ago. My current goal right now is to read a ton of books that I've always wanted to read (classics such as Pride and Prejudice, War and Peace, etc.). So there will definitely be a huge mix of genres being reviewed here. Some old, some new, some great, some not so great. 

I already have some reviews partially written that will be popping up soon. And I have some more that I want to write on books I've read recently, as well as ones to write for the books I'm currently reading!

Here's a list of reviews coming up:
  • Anchor Me by Megan Erickson
  • Bohemian Grove by T.M. Williams
  • A Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
  • The City of Devi by Manil Suri
  • The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  • The Menagerie by Tui T. Sutherland & Kari Sutherland
  • A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
  • Undead Winter by T.M. Williams

Shortly, I'll be including a widget which shows what's on my "Currently Reading" shelf on Goodreads. Right now, here's what I'm currently reading. 
  • The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (I will admit that I've been putting this one to the back burner for awhile but am hoping to really get into it soon and finally finish it!)

Each month, I'm hoping to post a "Coming Up" list, to show what books I am hoping to read the following month. As I'm just starting out, here's that list:
  • Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle by Fiona Carnarvon
  • The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
  • Only Revolutions by Mark Z. Danielewski
  • The Turn of the Screw & Other Short Novels by Henry James
  • The Almond Tree by Michelle Cohen Corasanti

I must admit that I was struggling to come up with a name for the blog, and so I asked some friends of mine to throw ideas out there for me. I want to thank my friend, Amanda R., for coming up with the perfect name for my blog! Thanks, Amanda, and everyone else who pitched ideas to me!

Thanks for coming to see what The Printed Word is all about! I'm hoping to churn out some reviews very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment