Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Tales of Magic Series by Edward Eager

Add to Goodreads

Titles: Half Magic; Knight's Castle; Magic by the Lake; The Time Garden; Magic or Not?; The Well-Wishers; and Seven-Day Magic
Author: Edward Eager
Series: Tales of Magic
Genre: Children's Fantasy
Length: 7 books
Published: Between 1954 and 1962
Brief Synopsis: A series of fantasy books for children aged 8-12. They can be read independently and in any order, but they are linked and make the most sense in the following order: Half Magic, Knight's Castle, Magic by the Lake, The Time Garden, Magic or Not?, The Well-Wishers, and Seven-Day Magic.

My Review:
I give this book series a 5 out of 5. 

These were absolutely delightful. They were nice fast reads, and I definitely recommend them for anyone with young kids or even the adult that wants a quick, fun read. I know that I can't wait to share these stories with my own son in a few years. Each book is its own story, but they are all linked in different ways. Half Magic and Magic by the Lake have the same children as main characters. The same goes for Knight's Castle and The Time Garden; as well as Magic or Not? and The Well-Wishers. Seven-Day Magic includes a new set of children, but there are aspects from the other books which help link everything together. 

Have you read The Tales of Magic series? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment