Tuesday, December 24, 2013

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? by Henry Farrell

Add to Goodreads
Title: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
Author: Henry Farrell
Genre: Suspense, Thriller
Length: 245 pages
Published: 1993 (version I read) 1960 (original)
Publisher: Carroll & Graf
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) Baby Jane, a child star of early vaudeville, resented having to grow up in the shadow of her prettier sister Blanche Hudson, who became Hollywood's reigning love goddess. Now, some fifty years later, they are together and alone. And reality has toppled crazily into eerie fantasy. Blanche now finds she is growing old in the shadow cast by Baby Jane -- and a very sinister shadow it is.

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

I'm going to admit that I didn't have high hopes as I started reading this book. I didn't know that I was going to start reading this at breakfast Saturday morning and end up spending the next two days finishing it in my spare time. I could not put this down. 

There are a lot of different points of view which makes it nice. You have the point of view of the Hudsons' neighbor, Mrs. Bates; Blanche's; Jane's; Edwin Flagg's; and even a few others. The way the book was written really had me hooked right from the start. It was also an extremely quick read. 

There are definitely some terrifying moments. The author did an amazing job building up suspense, making you believe one thing when later you find out something else really happened. Definitely worth the read!!!

You can purchase What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? through Amazon in hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment