Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Boleyn Deceit (#2) by Laura Andersen

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Boleyn Deceit
Author: Laura Andersen
Series: The Boleyn Trilogy (Book #2)
Genre: Historical Fiction, Romance
Length: 368 pages
Published: 2013
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) Henry IX, known as William, is the son of Anne Boleyn and now the leader of England, his regency period finally at an end. His newfound power, however, comes with the looming specter of war with the other major powers of Europe, with strategic alliances that must be forged on both the battlefield and in the bedroom, and with a court, severed by religion, rife with plots to take over the throne. Will trusts only three people: his older sister, Elizabeth; his best friend and loyal counselor, Dominic; and Minuette, a young orphan raised as a royal ward by Anne Boleyn. But as the pressure rises alongside the threat to his life, even they William must begin to question-and to fear....

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

Let me preface this that I read an advanced, uncorrected proof of this novel that I won through a Goodreads giveaway. 

I really loved the first book in this trilogy, so when I won the sequel as well, I was super excited. And I was NOT disappointed. I could not put this book down. I felt sadness, grief, anger, disappointment, and joy throughout the whole book. There were some very real "oh my gosh!!!" moments, especially towards the end of the novel. 

If you've read the first book (The Boleyn King) and enjoyed it, definitely pick this up and read it. It comes out November 5th, and you can pre-order it through Amazon (as well as other bookshops).

You can purchase The Boleyn Deceit through Amazon in either hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read The Boleyn Deceit? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment