Sunday, September 1, 2013

Monthly Update - September 2013

Another month gone and I'm still here posting my opinions! I'm pretty proud of myself that I've actually continued to post on this blog. I'm horrible and usually do something for a short time and then just stop. (Hence why I think I've never managed to finish writing any of the stories that float through my head.) 

Last month was exciting as I read and reviewed two books by two different authors: Candy House by Kate Jonez and Glazed City Eyes by Preston M. Smith and Jacob McKinley. This was really exciting for me and I hope someday I'll get more author-requested reviews to write!

Last month I read Sean Astin's memoir about the time he worked on The Lord of the Rings trilogy. This lead me to dig out my copies of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, so you'll be seeing reviews of those books this month. I kind of love the idea of reviewing some of these older books because I feel like it will hopefully bring attention to some great novels for younger generations. That's the main reason you'll often see older books reviewed here. I'm trying to supplement with newer ones as well. 

So, on my currently reading list: 
  • Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (yes, yes, I know..but hey I'm at 13% now?)
  • Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho by Stephen Rebello
  • The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell
Coming Up Next:   
  • The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Boleyn King by Laura Andersen
  • Cartwheel: A Novel by Jennifer Dubois 
  • The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  • Candide by Voltaire
  • A Quiet Storm by Rachel Howzell Hall
  • A Death in the Family by James Agee
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness
  • The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking #2) by Patrick Ness
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking #3) by Patrick Ness

As always, if you have something you'd like me to read or review, please drop a comment here or send me an email at theprintedwordbookreviews@gmail.com. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment