Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre by H.P. Lovecraft

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre
Author: H.P. Lovecraft 
Genre: Horror, Short Stories
Length: 406 pages
Published: 2002
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) This is the collection that true fans of horror fiction have been waiting for: sixteen of H.P. Lovecraft's most horrifying visions, including Lovecraft's masterpiece, THE SHADOW OUT OF TIME--the shocking revelation of the mysterious forces that hold all mankind in their fearsome grip.

My Review:
I give this book a 4 out of 5. 

This was a spine-tingling, nightmare inducing collection of short stories. The reason I give this four stars instead of five is that the stories were a little long-winded in some aspects and I could only read a story or two at a time. They were all intense, except for the last story or two in which I found my attention waning a bit. Possibly because I was trying to finish the book quickly. Definitely a must read for fans of the horror genre. Lovecraft is truly a master.

You can purchase The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre through Amazon in hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment