Sunday, February 2, 2014

Doctor Dolittle in the Moon (Book #8) by Hugh Lofting

Add to Goodreads
Title: Doctor Dolittle in the Moon
Author: Hugh Lofting
Series: Doctor Dolittle (Book #8)
Genre: Children's Literature
Length: 224 pages
Published: 1928 (original) 1988 (version I read)
Publisher: Yearling (version I read)
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) In Doctor Dolittle in the Moon Doctor Dolittle has landed on the Moon. He meets Otho Bludge the Moon Man, a Stone Age artist who was the only human on the Moon when it broke away from the Earth. The animals of the Moon flock to Doctor Dolittle, and he discovers how to communicate with the intelligent plants there. But will the lunar flora and fauna ever let him leave? 

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5.

This book was written in a time before man had set foot on the moon. It makes it even more incredible to read about the things that people imagined were on the moon. This was a really enjoyable addition to the series. Tommy gets kidnapped at the end and sent home to Earth without Doctor Dolittle. I'm anxious to read the next installment to find out when and how the Doctor returns to Earth!

You can purchase Doctor Dolittle in the Moon from Amazon in hard copy.

Have you read Doctor Dolittle in the Moon? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment