Monday, November 18, 2013

Sun Gate by T.M. Williams

Add to Goodreads
Title: Sun Gate
Author: T.M. Williams
Series: Bohemian Grove Trilogy (#2)
Genre: Science Fiction / Fantasy
Length: 358 pages
Published: October 2013
Publisher: Half-Light Publishing
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) No one can be trusted in T.M. Williams’s heart-pounding new novel, Sun Gate. The second book in the popular Bohemian Grove trilogy finds Carter doubting everything she thought she knew while knee deep in the Peruvian jungle.

Carter, a descendent of the alien race Anunnaki, is in the fight of her life. The only one with the potential to communicate with the Anunnaki on their home planet of Nibiru, Carter’s survival hangs in the balance. She is being targeted by the Vaticates, also known as the “protectors of the faith,” whose existence relies on the suppression of the Anunnaki. Discovery of the Anunnaki would ultimately lead to the end of religion and faith, and the Vaticates will stop at nothing until the only link between this world and the Anunnaki is killed.

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

I had been anxiously awaiting the release of the second book in the Bohemian Grove Trilogy, and boy, it did not disappoint. Much like the first book (Bohemian Grove), I could not put this down. It's been quite some time since I read the first book, but I was able to easily pick up the sequel and start reading without wondering "wait, what happened in the first book again?!". Usually I re-read all the books in a series when a new book comes out, but I figured this one was still pretty fresh in my mind and I'd be OK. I was right about that.

I loved watching Carter try to decide between Jack and William. I'm Team Jack, so it broke my heart every time he'd catch Carter and William "having a moment". The love triangle isn't the main focus of the book though. Throughout there were a lot of little clues and just enough danger to keep you yearning to read and learn more. I felt that it was easy to identify with Carter, and that makes the story much more compelling. I can not wait for the conclusion of the trilogy, especially after the shocking end to Sun Gate.

You can purchase Sun Gate through Amazon in hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read Sun Gate? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment