Friday, November 15, 2013

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

Add to Goodreads
Title: Bridge to Terabithia
Author: Katherine Paterson 
Genre: Children's Fantasy
Length: 191 pages
Published: 1977 (original) 2008 (version I read)
Publisher: Harper Teen
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) Jess Aarons' greatest ambition is to be the fastest runner in his grade. He's been practicing all summer and can't wait to see his classmates' faces when he beats them all. But on the first day of school, a new girl boldly crosses over to the boys' side and outruns everyone.

That's not a very promising beginning for a friendship, but Jess and Leslie Burke become inseparable. Together they create Terabithia, a magical kingdom in the woods where the two of them reign as king and queen, and their imaginations set the only limits. Then one morning a terrible tragedy occurs. Only when Jess is able to come to grips with this tragedy does he finally understand the strength and courage Leslie has given him.

My Review:
I give this book a 5 out of 5. 

This is a classic and most kids end up reading this in school. For some reason I think I was always in the class that did not read this. I've always known the gist of the story but do not remember ever actually reading it. This is a great story of imagination and a deep, lasting friendship. Definitely worth the read (or re-read), but keep the tissues nearby.

You can purchase Bridge to Terabithia through Amazon in hard copy or Kindle format. 

Have you read Bridge to Terabithia? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment