Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Rose of Fire by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Rose of Fire
Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Series: The Cemetery of Forgotten Books (Book #2.5)
Genre: Historical Fiction
Length: 35 pages
Published: 2012 (originally in 2011)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Brief Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads) Set at the time of the Spanish Inquisition in the fifteenth century, “Rose of Fire” tells the story of the origins of the mysterious labyrinthine library, the Cemetery of Forgotten Books, which lies at the heart of Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s novels The Shadow of the Wind, The Angel’s Game, and now The Prisoner of Heaven.

My Review:
I give this book a 3 out of 5. 

While it was pretty cool to learn some of the origin of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books, I felt like the story was lacking. I loved the origin of the plans for the Cemetery, and how they came into the hands of an ancestor of Daniel Sempere. I would have loved to learn about who he found to help him make sense of the plans and build the Cemetery because that's what I thought this story was going to be about. It's free for Kindle on Amazon, so it is worth the read.

You can purchase The Rose of Fire through Amazon in Kindle format. 

Have you read The Rose of Fire? If so, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

Please note: I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is strictly my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment